Welcome from Dean Ian Robertson
Welcome to the College of Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. You are joining a team of talented and dedicated staff and faculty who share a commitment to educate and inspire future leaders, enabling them to contribute to society through the creation, application, and transfer of engineering knowledge, and through engagement in society. We do this through outstanding research, teaching, and service to our profession, our state of Wisconsin, the nation, and the world. In all that we do, we fully endorse the values of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Wisconsin Idea. These can be summarized as fully encouraging and supporting the highest standards of integrity, ethics, inclusiveness, and service to society. In addition, we value:
- Recruiting students from a variety of backgrounds and helping them reach their full potential as leaders and citizens,
- Encouraging collaborative, multidisciplinary research and teaching,
- Integrating research and teaching to build on our strengths in both areas for the benefit of all students,
- Recognizing contributions of faculty and staff in all areas (teaching, research, service and support),
- A welcoming, supportive work environment.
I look forward to the contributions you will make to strengthen our college in the coming years. I invite you to explore the resources we have gathered to help you get started on this exciting new time in your career. We hope they will help you get acclimated to the college. You are joining a team of brilliant and talented faculty, staff and students. I know they join me in welcoming you to our community and wishing you every success in your career. On Wisconsin! Ian Robertson, Dean
We encourage staff to attend Benefits 101 within the first 30 days.
- UW-Madison New Employee Orientation
- UW-Madison Benefits 101
- Get to Know the UW
- Working at UW (website)
- College of Engineering Orientation— Spring and Fall
First steps …
We designed this website as a resource to help you navigate everything from where to park to how to enroll in the university’s insurance and benefits programs. These items should be completed within your first few days of employment. To learn more about us, our history, and strategic initiatives, visit https://www.engr.wisc.edu/about/ We’re glad you’ve chosen to be part of our team!